Kelly Rueda
Dean of Student Outreach, Advancement, & Resources

Ben Alexander Building
(575) 492-2576

civil rights

Student Outreach Logo


Student Accessibility Services (SAS) provides academic accommodations to 火博体育官网 students who are eligible as outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

Some exceptionalities may include but are not limited to;

  • mobility limitations 
  • sensory disabilities
  • cognitive disabilities
  • emotional or mental disabilities
  • learning disabilities
  • processing and memory issues
  • health disabilities
  • traumatic brain injury
  • and more.

Any student who anticipates a need for accommodations due to a disability should visit the Student Accessibility Services Office in the Ben Alexander Building or call 575-492-2576.

4 steps to Registering with Student Accessibility Services

 Services include:

  • extended time
  • note-taking services
  • reader/scribe
  • testing accommodations
  • interpreting services


 Additional information can be found at the following websites:

National Center for College Students with Disabilities (NCCSD)

Disability Rights, Education, Activism, and Mentoring (DREAM)

If you believe that an action or decision made by the Student Accessibility Services Office violates your rights you may initiate a grievance procedure. Your first step should be to address the problem with the SAS Counselor.  If you are still not satisfied, you should contact the Vice President for Student Services.

Information regarding filing a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights at the Department of Education can be found at